Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Stupid mistake.. info for new turners

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 11:49:32 -0800, "LDosser" wrote:

What were you wearing on your face?

A protective beard. Doubt if a standard face shield would protect from
an uppercut.

Exactly, Gerald.. and for those that don't think that a beard helps, you
don't
realize how much the hair on your head cushions you until you lose that
hair..

Seems like a face shield might have caught some of the blow.

I don't think so.. I sort of recreated the event, (with the lathe stopped), and
the shield is too far out in front of my face to protect my chin..
Actually, if it would have hit the face shield, it would of missed my chin and
hit the INSIDE of the shield..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing