Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Two parties

Robatoy writes:
On Feb 9, 12:01=A0pm, " wrote:
On Feb 9, 9:59=A0am, "HeyBub" wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

=A0My company's instructions are that mere employees are *not* to use
the fire extinguishers (generously sprinkled throughout all plant
areas and diligently monitored and inspected as required). =A0In one =

of
its previous incarnations, one of the employees was actually
reprimanded for using one while he was escorting a couple of welders
who started a small fire -- he had pro-actively picked up the
extinguisher as he was taking the welders to the place they were to
work. =A0I think the exact words right now are that "employees are no=

expected to use the extinguishers in the case of a fire" but to get
out of the building and call the fire department [who will show up
with their own extinguishers].

If there's a fire, don't attempt to put it out, call the fire departmen=

t!

This advice is exactly the advice given to people thinking about obtain=

ing a
firearm. Don't do it - call the police.

This can be expanded to yet another rule: "Don't use the stuff in the
first-aid kit, call the paramedics."

Can anyone spot the flaw in these argument? Anyone?

OTOH, there is good reason to use the fire extinguisher to get your
ass (and others') out of harm's way, damn the property. =A0Kinda like
firearms.

I can tell by the bull**** that this thread is now in good hands. We
can all (most of us) leave now. G

Fire extinguishers can be handy.