Larry Jaques

Default Is Usnet Dying?

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:06:08 -0500, Silvan
brought forth from the murky depths:

Frank Shute wrote:

About the only modern band I listen to nowadays is Blur, most of the
rest is overpriced effluent. Record sales going down because of
piracy? I think not.

(Sorry, Frank, but I'm not with you on Blur having just listened
to the first 6 samples from their 'Best Of' CD.)

Yeah, seriously. I don't even go to record stores anymore. What's the
point? While there's some stuff there I wouldn't mind having, it's a
matter of buying an entire CD for one mildly interesting song, and the
cheap CDs are $25 now. I don't have money to **** away like that.

Go to www.cheap-cds.com and get all the old stuff for under ten bucks.
(Up until this year when they upped their shipping rates, their
handling rates, and the CD prices.) But they're still the best deal
in^H^Hout of town now that they get $3 more per title, the greedy
bastids.(either at Cheap or distributors)

---
- Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -
http://diversify.com Web Applications