Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default Stupid mistake.. info for new turners

Mac,
I have lost a few hollow forms by the cone in the center when I didn't
drill out enough. The back side of the cutter hits the cone, and is
grabbed, pulled down and around, then slammed back into the tool rest.
Sounds like that is what may have happened.

robo hippy

On Feb 9, 8:54*am, mac davis wrote:
On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 10:44:29 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:
LDosser wrote:
"mac davis" wrote in message
. ..

I forgot that I NEVER have my face near the tool handle...
Got a small catch which I'm guessing then jammed the tool for a split
second..
Just long enough to make the "safe" end of the tool (1" SS bar) deliver an
uppercut that almost knocked me out..

Ouch, hope that heals quick & there is no permanent damage.

What were you wearing on your face?

A protective beard. Doubt if a standard face shield would protect from
an uppercut.

Exactly, Gerald.. and for those that don't think that a beard helps, you don't
realize how much the hair on your head cushions you until you lose that hair..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing