Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Stupid mistake.. info for new turners

On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 02:16:54 -0800, "LDosser" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .

I forgot that I NEVER have my face near the tool handle...
Got a small catch which I'm guessing then jammed the tool for a split
second..
Just long enough to make the "safe" end of the tool (1" SS bar) deliver an
uppercut that almost knocked me out..

Ouch, hope that heals quick & there is no permanent damage.

What were you wearing on your face?

Besides the surprised look?

Safety glasses and fortunately, a full beard.. I think that cushioned a bit of
the impact..
I dusted off my face shield and put it on and it wouldn't have helped.. maybe my
old full face motorcycle helmet would have been nice.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing