Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Stupid mistake.. info for new turners

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 21:40:59 -0800 (PST), robo hippy
wrote:

That handle to the chin is one reason why I like a captured system.
Just a little bit safer, though if I am roughing out my hollow forms,
I do it standing with a Kelton hollower in my coring handle, and the
laser. I can be more aggressive that way.

robo hippy

I wasn't "really" hollowing, Reed...
I was turning a "bugle bowl" and decided that it might be cool it I left the
middle in and made a ball out of it... the piece is only about 3" deep, but the
Eliminator got wedged (I think) between the ball and the wall for a second..

I use the Kelton handle with it if I'm going deep, but it would have been heavy
and in the way for this piece..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing