Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Stupid mistake.. info for new turners

On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 21:57:08 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , mac davis
wrote:

It took a while to stop the bleeding, more of a scrape on my chin then a cut,
but I'm remembering my bad days and what catching an uppercut makes your jaw
joints feel like... Not as much fun in my 60's as it was in my 20's, for sure..

Hope the injury is as minor as you're making it out to be, Mac. And
thanks for the post. Safety reminders are always worthwhile.

Well, my wife thinks that it should be stitched, but I don't.. guy thing?
Besides the fact that it stopped bleeding after a few minutes, I know that the
first thing the ER would do is shave off my beard..

My jaw joints are defiantly remembering what an uppercut feels like, though..
Don't know if it would have been better or worse if I'd had the handle on it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing