Posted to rec.woodworking
Evodawg Evodawg is offline

Default Video of my DIY version of Rockler's Pock-it Hole Clamp

-MIKE- wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_bTtHJLnl8

With all the talk in the other thread, I decided to throw one these
together in the shop.
It's obviously a very rough prototype, but it worked very well and took
less than an hour to build. I also used a cam toggle clamp so it is a
lot faster than tightening a knob screw.

I found that I still had to exert a lot of pressure down, as I drove in
the screws, to keep the pieces from steady. I generally clamp both
pieces down to the table when driving pocket hole screws, so this was
something I hasn't foreseen. I suppose I could've clamped them down to
the table, after clamping them together.

In any case, I think you could build your own with little effort/time
and make it better than the Rockler version.

Hey good job. I enjoyed the video
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !