Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Outlet spacing

On Feb 8, 7:24*am, N8N wrote:
On Feb 8, 12:53*am, Harry K wrote:

On Feb 7, 8:33*am, Steve Barker wrote:

desgnr wrote:
In finishing a basement how should electric outlets be spaced ( how far
apart )

4 to 6 feet is a bit ridiculous. *More realistically, every 96 or 112
inches works well. *(and lands on a stud)

steve

For a basement yes, not enough for livign spaces in today's world.

I find that it does, but for a different reason than you're
thinking... *pretty much at every receptacle location there's at least
one piece of electronics plugged in, meaning that I have a power strip/
surge suppressor there, so if 6' isn't quite close enough, simply
shifting the power strip along the baseboard in the appropriate
direction will solve the issue.

Now there are some locations in my house that do not follow the 6 foot
rule, and in those locations, I will eventually be adding
receptacles. *(primary holdup right now is weather - can't get to the
supply house to purchase materials, as I've spent more Saturdays
shoveling snow than doing anything else, it seems.)

nate

Well...yes, the power strips do solve the problem. That is what I
have at the TV center and the computer center. Ends with a whole rat-
nest behind both things due to not enough outlets.

Harry K