Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.bitterness
Hell Toupee[_4_] Hell Toupee[_4_] is offline

Default So Where Are All These Unemployed People?

Stranded wrote:
On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 12:30:39 -0600, Hell Toupee
wrote:

Stranded wrote:
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 09:23:47 -0800 (PST), Frank
wrote:

On Feb 8, 9:10=A0am, stayin@home. (Stranded) wrote:
25" of snow Saturday. =A0The farmer who has been handling snow removal
here for the past 33 years didn't even attempt it. =A0Driveway is 660
and steep but he has tackled this much snow before. =A0Called others
from the Yellow Pages, no dice. =A0Another foot of snow expected
Tues.-Wed. =A0Death by starvation. =A0Never thought I'd go out this way.
Me and most of my neighborhood were all set for the snow with snow
throwers and generators.
Neighbor in back, with drive longer than yours, did it with a snow
thrower and we had just as much snow as you.
Oh I have a whole house Kohler generator but power from the elec. co.
wasn't interrupted -- this time.

But you can't eat propane.

Can't imagine anyone doing a real long drive with a walk behind snow
thrower especially with 2 ft. of snow. He must have a huge machine
and probably had to refill his tank a dozen times.

What are you, a princess? Looking for reasons to whine about your
self-created situation instead of doing something about it? Get off
the internet and deal.

Was on the phone most of the morning trying to "deal."

Young people don't want to work today; they want someone to take care
of them. And they whine that they're unemployed.

Landscapers advertise "snow removal" in the phone book but it's just a
waste of print.

By 'deal' I meant get *your* butt out the door and start shoveling.
You created the situation by choosing a property with such a driveway.
You should have had a contingency plan in place for when Plan A
(somebody else clears your driveway) fails to execute. Apparently, you
hadn't. Okay, time to grab the shovel and start digging your way out.
Or, put on your boots and walk out. Either approach will get you
further than will griping on the internet about your inability to find
someone else to deal with your problem.

And I would suggest that you acquire one of the following if you plan
on keeping the property: A. a snowblower; B. a truck/plow combination;
C. a snowmobile. Then you'll be prepared if Plan A fails again in the
future.