Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default Blacksmithing content:Decorative ironwork on Isla Mujeres, Mexico

On Feb 8, 11:38*am, spaco wrote:
*From the outside or the inside?

wrote:
On Feb 8, 6:35 am, spaco wrote:

We spend some time in Mexico and I did a survey of decorative ironwork
on Isla Mujeres, the "Women's Island" which is a few miles off shore
from Cancun, Mexico. *This page shows how widely the work varies, in
age, style, attention to detail, etc.

http://www.spaco.org/Blacksmithing/P...IronWork/IslaM....

There isn't nearly as much Spanish influence in this part of Mexico as
there is in other parts. *The local people tell us that they want to
showcase their Mayan roots. *They are still pretty unhappy with the
Spanish, they say. * That, I guess, is why you don't see much genuine
16th-18th century ironwork around. *I think the oldest Christian church
on Cozumel is from the 1800's, for example.

Pete Stanaitis

How about some pictures of the windows of the local jail?

Paul

Yes!