Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Outlet spacing

On Feb 7, 8:22*am, "Colbyt" wrote:
"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

Harry K wrote:

-snip-
I followed the '6 ft' rule when I built and addition and rehabbed the
entire house. *Nowhere near enough.

I misunderstood the 6' rule and did my first house with outlets no
more than 6' apart. * Best misunderstanding I ever had.

Jim

When we had to rebuild a house a few years back I swear the inspector was
looking for them every six feet.

I know for a fact the electrician had to come back and add one to satisfy
the inspector. The 14 x 14 rooms have 2 on each wall.

I would not want any less. *If I build again that will be my specs whether
it is code or not.

Colbyt

By definition, you _have_ to have two on each wall to meet the 6'
rule.

The 6' rule is no longer enough outlets in today's world, you need
more especially around any enterainment or computer center.

Harry K