Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ammo prices for 7.62x39

On Sun, 07 Feb 2010 11:03:33 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 16:15:39 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:06:21 -0600, Ignoramus7752

On 2010-01-29, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus2981 wrote:

My own comment on this is that I hope that more ammo will be imported
and prices will come down to earth, possibly with the fools dumping
that stuff that they stocked up on with such certainty. I still have
enough ammo stocked up from the good times, and will just wait.

My only concern is with a change of leadership down the road, our
domestic ammo manufacturers find a population with such a glut of
ammo on hand that the manufacturers can't sell enough ammo to stay
in business.

You are 100% right.

The boom and bust cycle is going to be very tough on ammo
manufacturers.

It will be somewhat attenuated by two simultaneous wars going on at
the same time, requiring a lot of domestically produced ammo.

There could be a bust cycle for our ammo firms.

I hope that they saved some money from the latest ammo craze.

If 7.62x39 ammo gets down to $130-150 per thousand rounds, I will buy
2-3k rounds just in case.

It should be noted that the ammo manufactures DID NOT increase the size
of their plants, but simply ran 2-3 shifts a day. Which was VERY smart.

Right, putting more Americans to work than The Great O ever has.

Gunner

What's with your emails lately? 2 down and you're using a 3rd now?

Nope. I let my ISP go. Earthlink/Lightspeed was costing me $25 per month
that I really didnt need to spend in these economically fragile times.
So as I explained earlier...I simply let it go. It was painful...like
losing a friend..shrug. But when I get free internet via a friend across
the street..the only thing his ISP doesnt have is Usenet..which is 90%
of the reason I have the internet. Its my "afterwork beer or two", my
"group of friends", my stress reliever....so while its costing me $5 a
month, its cheaper than two beers..which Im allergic to anyways.

I still have my hotmail account, my yahoo mail account and several
others, but gmail has several gigabytes available for me to use. and
decent spam and virus scanners.

So I only lost my account when I stopped paying
for it.

It was a dialup account and I turned off my home phones 5 months ago,
because we have cell phones, and we only used dialup for internet. And
now we get HIGH SPEED and dont have to live with 56k connections.

By turning off both the ISP and the home phone..we are saving over $50
a month alone.

The first couple months were mind blowers for us when we found out just
what high speed could actually do for us.

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.