Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Good quality garden sprayer

Phisherman wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:37:01 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Where's a good place to get a one galon garden sprayer? I
had one from Walmart, from some years ago. Came with a
bottle of Roundup. Nice yellow tank, black pump and funnel,
brass wand, great flow and delivery. And now it leaks.

Bought a cheapie from Harbor Freight, but it delivers hardly
any water flow. The ones walmart had last season used to
have, plastic wands and look like nearly no flow.

I use these to rinse dust out of condensors on refrigerated
equipment. The HF one doesn't blast enough to get all the
dust out the back of the corrugated fins.

Should I post on alt.hvac?

Not all sprayers are created equal and there are far more cheapos than
well-built sprayers. Look for a Hudson brand, preferrably with a
brass wand and brass sprayer tip. A 2 gallon will allow for more
pressurized air, less frequent pumping, and more versatility. Less
likely to find quality at HF than a hardware store.

I use an air blow gun to clean A/C fins, then follow up with a garden
hose blast.

Hi,
Check out your local nursery.