Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT - Turkeys Voting for Christmas -- was The Lancet's VaccineRetraction -- A medical journal's role in the autism scare

On Feb 5, 10:56*am, Frnak McKenney
wrote:
X...
* o Specific symptoms that precede an actual failure, or how to test
* * whether or not a given car is "close to failure". In this
* * case, perhaps something along the lines of "With the engine
* * OFF, quickly press your accelerator pedal all the way to the
* * floor (Figure A), and then quickly release it (Figure B). *A
* * properly functioning accelerator pedal will immediately return
* * to its rest position (Figure C); if this does not occur, please
* * call our 800 support number immediately: 800-xxx-xxxx"
Frank McKenney

I've written test procedures for use by production floor personnel a
few times, and you can't imagine how badly some of them can
misinterpret simple instructions.

"Press any key to continue" is a good example. I had to add a check of
the BIOS memory that shows the CTRL, ALT and SHIFT key states to make
it work. For wise@$$ engineers I made those keys simulate the BSOD
briefly.

jsw