Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Turkeys Voting for Christmas -- was The Lancet's VaccineRetraction -- A medical journal's role in the autism scare

On Feb 5, 8:20*am, Joe wrote:
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:22:16 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

wrote:

Considering that we have MILLIONS of cars out there RIGHT NOW on the
roads that can become a deadly missile AT ANY TIME I think the warning
was warranted.

If any of us have family members killed by this defect, their opinons
will change.

TMT

Last year I ws thinking that the Michael Jackson death/funeral story
was going to be the most tedious, repetitious news item ever. Turns
out that the Toyota recall has eclipsed it by leaps & bounds. It's the
leading story everywhere, with Chicken Littles flopping around all
over the country.

"Educated" people can sit around all day and skillfully field a "dream
team" for their favorite sport using reliable game stats, then track
the putative performance of said team throughout the season.
Unfortunately, the same people are woefully unable to grasp the
concept/odds of a few dozens of failures out of millions of vehicles.
Science and logical thinking is anathema in this country nowadays.

When I hear reports of people rejecting Toyotas because of the bad
press, I can't help but wonder how many of these mutha-, err, folks
think nothing of pulling out their cell phones and yammering away as
they drive in blissful solitude. A 3 ton missile controlled by a very
defective "logic module".

Toyota needs to fix the problems, and the US needs to get on with real
issues.

Joe

The reason is the Toyota problem has killed and will kill again.

It can kill you and your family at time...even if you do not own a
Toyota.

If you do not understand that, your family should kick you in the
pants for your total lack of regard for their welfare.

Jackson's story was the typical celebrity story that Americans
love...remember the buzz around Elvis?

TMT