Posted to rec.woodworking
kansascats kansascats is offline

Default Loose Arbor on Jet TS

No.. what I'm saying is he arbor bolt moves side to side about .002
to .003 (by feel). I could get out the dial indicator, but don't
need to, I can feel it. I'm just wondering if I can tighten up the
arbor nut (not the one that holds the balde on -- but rather the other
side -- see diagram). That nut seems like what holds the arbor in the
arbor bracket. If one was to replace the bearings, one would remove
that nut, loosen the set screws in the pulley, remove the spanner nut
and pull the assembly apart. I'm just wondering if I should try to
tighten the arbor nut and if that will take out the play.