Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill McKee Bill McKee is offline

Default OT -was: The Lancet's Vaccine Retraction .. : Homeopathy

"Pete Snell" wrote in message
Existential Angst wrote:
"Pete Snell" wrote in message
And away we go............!

Existential Angst wrote:

SNIP

I'm not a big fan of the shennanigans that go on in homeopathy (and
chiropractic), but you should know that homeopathy is at least rooted
in science, and reputable chiropractic is a god-sent therapy.
Please explain how Homeopathy is rooted in Science.

Some of its principles, see below.

I'm still unclear on this assertion.

Hormones, PGs, et al have powerful effects in concentrations as low as
10^-12 molar, poss. even 10^-13 -- which are dilutions that are hard to
even comprehend. True, not 10^-23, but even 10^-7 (1 part per
10,000,000) is homeopathic, imo.
So dilute solutions of medicines and hormones work? No surprise there.
That's Medicine, not Homeopathy.

Except medicine traditionally doesn't use natural substances. In fact,
you can go to jail claiming vitamins can cure anything -- a proscription
so absurd, it's like.... it's like.... sheeit, it's like WT#7 falling
down all by its self!!!

What advantages do 'natural substances' have over other substances?

The Q is: are there natural substances (typically plant extracts) that
work at 10^-12?
Proly.
The Q is: which ones?

What do you consider to be a 'plant extract'? If the substances work,
why must they be diluted to such degree? And for the record, Homeopathic
dilutions are far beyond those, typically 10^20 to 10^50 (!) Try this link
for a better explanation than I could give here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U

snip

Yes. Easier to claim conspiracy than look at real problems. Homeopathy
takes money from peoples wallets and gives them false hope. That's what
it does. Pointing out any shortcomings in other 'modalities' doesn't
change that.

I won't dispute that much of homeopathy is a con.
But if you're going to bash, bash equitably, in proportion to the total
rip-off.

Why? Why am I not allowed to bash the worst first?

The conjobs foisted on us by Big Pharm dwarfs that of homeopathy et al
by, heh, mebbe Avogadro's number.

If you can't see John Q Pubic as but fleeced fish in a barrel, then you
are not seeing "real problems".
Conspiracy is actually how things work. It's really just a matter if the
conspiracies are legal or illegal.
Most are certainly immoral -- sheeit, the formation of HD was a
conspiracy.
Dats why you have to now drive 15 miles to get hardware.

But, for some strange reason, HD, Staples, and Merck are legal, so we
don't think of them as conspiracies.

Cuz, well, we are fish.

Well, maybe. But the difference (as I see it) Is that Home Depot et al
actually give me something for my money.

Pete

--

Homeopathy is the basis for modern drugs. Modern Aspirin, is manufactured
Willow bark. A big percentage of modern drugs are based off of natural