Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Turkeys Voting for Christmas -- was The Lancet's Vaccine Retraction -- A medical journal's role in the autism scare

wrote:
On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:55:11 -0800, "John R. Carroll"

I saw one exec claim that there were something like 8 confirmed
defective parts (pedal pivots dragging or sticking) out of 2
million.

The Toyota brand has killed or injured more people in the last
decade wih this defect than every other maunfacturer combined.

That seems highly unlikely. Got any cites?

NPR here in LA had an hour on this last week.

SHAPIRO: What, specifically, is the committee looking at here?

LANGFITT: Well, they're asking for lots of documents. And what they've said,
is they want to know when Toyota and the National Highway Traffic Safety
Administration first learned about these potential safety problems and what
they did to investigate and try to resolve them. Now the committee said this
in a statement, I'm kind of quoting here, our government figures show nearly
twice as many people died in Toyotas from sudden acceleration problems in
the last decade than in cars from all other automakers combined. So thats
another thing theyre really very interested in, is the number and the volume
and how many of those are Toyotas.

http://www.npr.mobi/templates/story/...ryId=123098947.

--
John R. Carroll