Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default 'Liquid glass: the spray-on scientific revelation'

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Falco wrote:
Live in a decent part of the UK as I do - and get your prescriptions
free - oh, and free hospital car parking as well!

The vast majority of people in England, including me, get their
prescriptions free.

You couldn't get any cheaper than that!

Many areas have free car parking at hospitals. Always full. At least when
you pay you can usually get a space.

Not at Southampton General, which has a two storey pay car park and can
have queues that may take nearly an hour to get to the entry barrier.

I suspect charging at hospital car parks may be influenced by the
proximity of other facilities. One hospital in my area is remote from
shopping areas and even quite difficult to get to without a car. That
has free parking. Two others are near enough to their respective towns
possibly to be attractive to people not visting the hospital, except
that they charge more than the public car parks in the area. In fact,
when visting either of those, I usually park in a public car park and
walk to the hospital. Of course, that could be a subtle ploy by the
hospital to get people to walk more :-)

Colin Bignell