Posted to rec.woodworking
Paul T.[_2_] Paul T.[_2_] is offline

Default Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Motor Removal

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 11:49:06 -0800, mikenj wrote:

I have a Sears Model Number 113.197150 radial arm saw that is late
eighties/early nineties vintage. The blade jammed into a piece of wood
and now the motor hums, but does not spin when I turn it on. I have
replaced the capacitor, but no luck. I wanted to take the motor off and
have an electric motor shop take a look at it, but I can't figure out
how to disconnect the power cord from the arm. Do I need to take the arm
apart to get to the wire connections or do I try to take the motor
apart? I can't figure out how to take the arm apart to get to the wires.

Have you tried going to the Sears website and see if they have a manual
for this saw? If they do, it may show you how to take the motor off.
I'm never owned one of these, so don't know how you would do it.

Paul T.