Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who pays?

In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:
Write a polite letter to the appropriate council department (should be on
the ticket) explaining this 'old lady' took some time to find a pass.
They'll usually cave in. But do it as soon as possible.

--
*A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well*

I see your sig is watching the messages again:-)

Computers have no intelligence. ;-)

Dave

The fine is £60 reduced to £30 if I pay within 2 weeks.

I will be posting a cheque for £30 tommorrow along with a polite letter
explaining the situation (and yes it was an old lady who owned the
house). The worst case scenario is that I lose £30.

Here, you don't need to pay immediately if you lodge an appeal. The
doubling up also goes on hold until you hear from them. Paying the fine
could be taken as an admission of guilt. ;-)

--
*I love cats...they taste just like chicken.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.