Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Using a 16A appliance in a 13A socket?

In article ,
Lurch wrote:
On 03/02/2010 20:20, Frank Erskine wrote:
Does it need to be connected by plug and socket at all?

I've just read the whole thread looking for a slightly less newsgroupy
response before I suggested ditching the plug and socket!

I'll just add the 'I agree' onto yours.

Since the plug is provided, an unswitched socket would have really no
disadvantages over hard wiring - and some advantages. Even if it was
rarely unplugged.

--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.