Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who pays?

In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:
Bugger. I got a ticket today in a residents parking area.

The rules are 1 hour max stay apart from permit holders and no return in
2 hours. I parked up, unloaded my tools and had a cup of tea with the
customer whilst we discussed what work we would be doing and how it
would be done. I then went and displayed the parking permit the
customer had given me. Shortly after I got a ticket.

When I later had words with the warden she said when she first recorded
my van there was no permit visible and so when she passed an hour later
she ticketed my van. Her argument was I should have displayed the permit
when I first parked up and not 45 minutes later. I do not agree with her.

Write a polite letter to the appropriate council department (should be on
the ticket) explaining this 'old lady' took some time to find a pass.
They'll usually cave in. But do it as soon as possible.

--
*A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.