Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Using a 16A appliance in a 13A socket?

JP Coetzee
wibbled on Wednesday 03 February 2010 12:33

* It's shed wiring. Pulling 3kW through existing rings(?) in sheds
that were wired who-knows-when out of who-knows-what has often been a
problem.

House CU with dedicated 40A RCD to shed -- buried 15 metre 40A
armoured cable spur -- CU in the shed with 30A RCD socket ring and
10A RCD lighting ring. Put in on 31st December 2004.

I'll put in a new breaker. What is an "interlocking" socket?

I can't find a suitable downward-pointing, switched socket anywhere.
Can anyone help?

Thanks for all your help

They exist:

http://www.neweysonline.co.uk/newlec...-socket-screw-
terminal-16a-230v-2p-+-e-
ip44/1050152387/ProductInformation.raction?campaign=Googlebase

But that's silly money... Look around, the same part should be available
from somewhere for rather less...

--
Tim Watts