Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass[_8_] Vass[_8_] is offline

Default slowing down a DC motor?

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message

The mind boggles!

OK
I'm wanting to rotate a lightweight length of timber or can be plastic if
sturdy enough approx 4 foot length about it axis in the vertical direction
a bit like a windmill
this in turn will rotate about the horizontal (I've fixed this problem by
standing a pole on a slow rotating shop window jewelry display turntable)
I have seen motors with 2 axis shafts 90 degree to each other, this might be
an option, rotating the whole thing at the top of the pole, but I've not
ventured further into this idea.

The use for this contraption is photography based (as ever)
--
Vass