Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_5_] Steve Barker[_5_] is offline

Default How do I clean a continuous cleaning oven?

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:

-snip-
MY question would be, WHY the hell did you spray a fire extinguisher
into an oven?????

Because it was there- on fire- and he had a fire extinguisher in his
hand?g

That was what my son said to explain the 'toaster oven disaster' a few
years ago. He's about as calm as they come-- but his sister caught
her toast on fire- grabbed the kitchen extinguisher- and froze. She
screamed for her brother- who ran from upstairs into a smoke filled
kitchen. She handed him the extinguisher. . . he pulled the pin and
sprayed. Then he came to his senses and grabbed the oven with a
couple pot-holders and tossed it outside.

Probably the OP could have gotten away with just removing the broiler
pan from the house-- or throwing some salt on the fire. But as it
turns out, little was lost- and much might have been gained.

Jim

OR,,,,, OR maybe just close the door. duh. and turn it off. It can't
burn forever.