Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ed Edelenbos Ed Edelenbos is offline

Default Somewhat off topic

"Kevin" wrote in message
Hello
The question I have is somewhat off-topic and may well be better asked
in the wreck. I hesitate to do so though. I want to build a table.
It will be approximately 7' - 8' in length and stand about 32" - 36"
high. As horizontal surface in a workshop tend to be prime real
estate for all manner of squatters I have already dedicated it to only
two purposes. One purpose will be a home for the 2 or 3 grinders I
have. Being immediately behind the lathe, convenience is good.
The top is laminated and the material itself is MDF (I think). My
question concerns the legs. My three previous attempts at putting
together something like this have always resulted in uneven legs.
That is, the tables rock. Is there some trick to getting all four
legs to rest on the ground at the same time. Note I have no table saw
(shop too small) and only a band saw and circular saw. Any advice on
tips will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A few holes, T nuts, and screw-in feet.

Ed