Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Riser blocks or not?

"Jim Weisgram" wrote in message
[...snip...]

then you need 105" blades--harder to find, I think than their standard
93.5".

[...snip...]

Hmm, if you are willing to mail order you can get just about any size
blade. Also they can be made to order for a reasonable price.

Also, 105" is a pretty commonly available size, albeit maybe not found
in local hardware stores.

Yes, my statement was based on my trip to Lowes today-- 93.5" blades yes,
105" blades no.
This thread made me consider the riser block, but I didn't buy my band saw
for any reasons
which will require extra height..the $149 price of the riser block cinched
it for me. I have other
tools I'd rather throw money at now! ; )

Bill