Posted to misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Broken lateral sewer line

jigo wrote:
The lateral sewer line from my house to the street clogs about once a
year, in spite of my putting drain cleaner in regularly. The guy who
cleaned it out last time said the line is broken. The town says it's
my responsibility. It would be several thousand dollars to dig up and
repair the line. I've heard one company claim that it can replace the
line without any digging (I suppose by inserting another line through
the old one). What's the best way to deal with this problem: Have the
line cleaned once a year, get a new line, get a better sewer cleaner,
or something else?

Just talked last week to a crew tracing out a problem like yours. Turned out the
problem was beyond the property line. Thus, it was the city's problem.