Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Dave is offline

Default High-pressure sodium vapor lamp failing

I am trying to troubleshoot a high-pressure sodium vapor lamp which does not
light, in spite of there being 120V AC available in the socket and a new
bulb installed. Posting a pic of the ignitor to A.B.S.E showing the two
components with which I am least familiar, and which I suspect may be at
fault. Please, any input or advice is solicited. I can replace the lamp
easily enough, but would rather fix it if I can just for the satisfaction of
doing so. I am seeking info on the semiconductor (NTE6419) device which
appears to be open, and the cylindericle device to which it is attached,
which measures 1.08 H with my LCR meter, and totally open between the two
end-pins with my DMM set to Ohms. If you have anything to offer, I ask for
it.

Many thanks,

Dave