Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Toyota

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 05:01:20 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

That's the last thing I'd want to do, palm it up to neutral.
I know, that's what they say on the radio. Because the
engine would race to wide open throttle, and throw a rod.

I heard some earlier Toyotas, the pedal was catching on the
floor mat. This sounds like a return spring is snapping.

The engine will NOT throw a rod because it is electronically rev
limited to a safe RPM (usually around 4200 - 4500 RPM).

Try it some time. With the car idling in neutral, jab the throttle to
the floor and see what happens. It WILL cut out, and surge until you
let off the pedal.