Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Ijames[_3_] Carl Ijames[_3_] is offline

Default 5 pound liquid/vapor propane tank

Just thinking out loud, but the only place I've noticed dual valves/dip
tubes like that is on recovery cylinders for refrigerants, and the smallest
size I've noticed is 30 lb. Maybe you can adapt the valve to a smaller tank
size? As an example see ebay item 380193688232.

-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

"The Dougster" wrote in message
After much discussion in the AF1 Racing forums, a moderator has agreed
with me that the Aprilia SR50 is a good platform to test a new propane
configuration.

The throttle body / air neck will receive propane vapor during WOT
(Wide Open Throttle), top-speed operation. At lower ranges, either of
throttle or speed, the existing air/fuel injector will carry a
regulated vapor/liquid flow directly into the cylinder while all ports
are closed. We hope to preserve economy and obtain performance in this
way.

Is there a 5 pound propane bottle that can be fitted with a short
vapor dip tube and a long liquid dip tube, or a valve body that can be
installed into a standard 5 pound propane bottle?

Douglas (Dana) Goncz
Replikon Research
PO Box 4394
Seven Corners, VA 22044-0394