Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default A new "constitutional right"

"RD (The Sandman)" wrote in message
Wildbilly wrote in news:wldbilly-
:

In article
,
"HH&C" wrote:

On Jan 29, 10:30 pm, rangerssuck wrote:
On Jan 29, 4:13 pm, "RD (The Sandman)" rdsandman(spamlock)

@comcast.net wrote:
Cliff wrote
:

Unlimited funding for office from unions.
Buy your rethugs now !!!

Excuse me, but unions support the Dems and the decision was about
corporations and the last 60 days prior to an election.

Do you really think that unions have money to spend that's anywhere
near what the likes of Exxon has?

Exxon's contributions cancel themselves out. They back both sides.

Make that, they've bought both sides. Which is to say, both side back
Exxon.

Payback's a bitch, eh?

"Payback" by whom, RD? It sounds like you're saying that Exxon's and other
multinationals' international financial interests are now overwhelming the
political messages for our entire political system, and that you think this
is a good idea. Right?

This reminds me of a comment made by David Brooks some years ago at a
Republican house party, in which someone commented that bankers are running
the country. "That sounds like a good idea to me," said Brooks. He seems to
have changed his tune in recent years. And I suspect that the right-wingers
who are gloating now are going to have reason to follow the same course,
wondering what they have wrought, and why they did it.

--
Ed Huntress