Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default OT Toyota

Stormin Mormon wrote:
That's the last thing I'd want to do, palm it up to neutral.
I know, that's what they say on the radio. Because the
engine would race to wide open throttle, and throw a rod.

I heard some earlier Toyotas, the pedal was catching on the
floor mat. This sounds like a return spring is snapping.

A new engine is a hell of a lot cheaper than the hospital or the body
shop. And with a modern unit-body crush-control car, wrecks that used to
be fixable with a new doghouse, are now totals. I seriously doubt the
engine would grenade- most are rev-limited by the computer these days.
But I don't really care if they have to pick up the car with a shop vac,
as long as I don't get messed up. I can always get another car, and on
the newer one at least, insurance would likely cover it anyway. Me, not
so much. I don't heal up nearly as well as when I was 18, even from
minor injuries.

--
aem sends...