Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Haar[_2_] Robert Haar[_2_] is offline

Default OT - iPad in the news today ...

On 1/29/10 10:54 PM, "Mark & Juanita" wrote:

Some other things not so cool:
1) No flash support

This is a good thing. Flash should die and be replaced by HTML 5.

2) Only allows you to run a single application at a time

Not completely true. On the iPhone, built in apps do multi-task, just not
third party ones.

More like an iPhone on steroids than a real computer.

It doesn't seem targeted at that. It is described as a new class of device,
not a smart phone and not a laptop.

Now it may be that this new class doesn't meet your needs. I'm not convinced
that I want one myself. But recognize that Apple is pitching this as
something different.