Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who pays?

In article ,
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I recall back around 2004 several of the delivery companies in London
saying they could only deliver to our offices in the City if we provided
them with a parking place or agreed to pay their parking fines. Otherwise
we had to collect from their depots. This resulted in quite an outcry
from many companies in the City, and I think there's now a scheme in
place which allows delivery drivers a tiny bit of leeway, sometimes.

As I said the restriction here is only between 11.30-12.30 to prevent
commuter parking. But then we're not *that* close to a station. Within the
same zone, close to a station it's all the working day - and a visitor or
trade daily pass costs a lot more.
But it is rigidly enforced here. A spotter on a scooter drives round at
before 11.30 and radios in vehicles without permits. A foot patrol arrives
shortly after 11.30 and does the paperwork and takes pics. Same thing
happens just before 12.30. I have an alarm on both this computer and the
one in the workshop set for 11.20 just in case I've got absorbed in what
I'm doing. I well remember having to go to the loo before going out one
day (dodgy curry the night before) and getting to the car a few minutes
late to find a ticket on it. I took a time stamped pic on my phone and
sent off an appeal stating what had happened. They did waive the fine.

--
*The average person falls asleep in seven minutes *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.