Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default MC1350 appnote.

"JosephKK" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:31:11 -0000, "ian field"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 22:19:29 -0000, "ian field"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 18:18:21 -0000, "ian field"
wrote:

Is there an appnote for the MC1350?

TIA.

The appnote is AN545A/D, but I can't find it anywhere :-(

A cross reference says the following parts are "similar":

LM703LN, SN76600P, uA757DC/M, MC1490

Good luck!

The data sheet is pretty complete. What info do you need that's not
on the datasheet?

Thanks, I'll search on those numbers.

Most of the application examples use an inductive load (usually tuned)
I'm
looking for examples with resistive load.

From my vague memories of it... I helped design it (it was a spin-off
from the 60MHz military radar IF)... you need to be careful with a DC
load, otherwise you'll saturate the output differential pair.

What exactly are you trying to do that you want a resistive load?

They sometimes turn up 2 at a time on old 5&1/4 HDD logic boards, there's
already a couple in the parts drawer and I found a couple more on a HDD
board while clearing out a junk box.

Since I now have so many, I thought maybe I should try to do something with
them. My first thought was an audio compressor.

I have done that with a MC1490, but getting the control loop to behave was
challenging.

Care to share the schematic?