Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Entrances AreNOT Modern

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:14:28 -0500, "RBM" wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
Hello,

Back in the old days we lived in small communities, where you would
walk to the market area, and carry home your daily, meals-to-be-
prepared groceries. There was no refrigeration etc. It was on this
basis entrances to the home were contrived. Now many of us get paid
twice or once a month, and some people get bonuses every few months
and so on. This has changed our bringing-home-the-bacon methods. Now
we use huge vehicles into which we pack huge amounts of groceries. I
do monthly shopping and pack a truck. I drive 30 miles to my favourite
store and back = 60 miles for the “monthly” shopping, but through the
month, pick up some things locally.

As you can see due to the change in food packaging and shopping
habits, we must change the entrances to homes. We will need a
glorified loading dock of sorts, from now on, on newly built homes,
and itwill have to be something somewhat inexpensive. Here are
examples of specs:
The steps and/or part of the walkway to the door will need to be under
roof/cover. Youwill need a dock to place groceries before opening
front door; the dock will, of course, need to be under roof/cover. If
thereare steps to the door, they too will need to be under roof/cover:
in other words you will walk up your steps, to the door - all under
roof/cover. The idea is to be able to open your door without having to
stand in the rain to do so, but to have been able to first sit down
the groceries in a safe, clean, dry place. Sitting groceries down on a
dirty, garage floor doesnot compute, therefore thereis no easy way out
on this.

Truly

Truth will set you free: John 8:32

Yes, the truth will set you free. And like the Easter bunny and Santa
Claus, there is no "god", no Jesus, none of it. There's just us.
That's the truth.