Posted to alt.home.repair
hibb hibb is offline

Default OT Toyota

On Jan 30, 6:36*pm, mm wrote:
OT *Toyota

If it's not the carpet that's causing Toyatas to speed up, then how
can replacing the gas pedal help?

How many of you are still driving your Toyota?

Would you have thought to put the car in neutral if it's speeding up?

How would I know? My foot is always in the carburetor, so to speak,
anyway.

I've got a 2009 Matrix. The first week I had the thing I replaced the
floor mats with some big rubber ones that can handle a lot of melting
snow from my shoes. Then later on I heard they were having problems
but thought I had that solved already. Now I guess that must not have
been the problem.

I Haven't had a problem yet but if I do I figure I would try to get it
out of gear and turn the engine off as soon as possible. If I'm
already going at a good clip I am not sure how it would handle if I
just turn off the ignition. Are newer cars set up to handle like older
cars that had no power steering if the engine is dead and you lose
your power steering?

Until I get more information, I'm saying take it out of gear and don't
turn the engine off until you have slowed down quite a bit.

David