Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Is this an ink flow sensor? (Ink Jet printer)

On Jan 28, 2:01*am, "TheM" wrote:

I had a HP inkjet fax with several hundred MB of driver bloatware.
It refused to print B/W fax and complained colour cartridge was empty.
It has a separate B/W cartridge that was full. Sounds like their firmware
and software was written by sales people.

True enough. If the printer gets set in 'photography' mode, the black
hues
get printed with an excess of color ink, sometimes. I had a LONG
session
getting a printer reset after that happened, the menu selections were
demonically incomprehensible. And, of course, it used three
expensive
color inks instead of the cheap black ink, until the problem was
fixed.