Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default OT - iPad in the news today ...

On Jan 30, 7:04*pm, Swingman wrote:
On 1/30/2010 5:59 PM, Robatoy wrote:

All my Mac's will allow you to 'print' to .pdf. Handy as a bag of
chips/pocket on a shirt.
PDF in vector mode are far more reliable than any of the 100 .eps
formats. It has made my workflow from Vectorworks to my CNC seamless.

Another workflow expediter is my wireless Brother printer that will
"copy" to pdf format and send it via wireless to any computer on the
network ... handy for those faxes that come in and need to be e-mailed
to someone else.

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Indeedie. PDF's have simplified my life reliably, effectively and
these days justabout anybody can open them.
Well done Adobe.
I cannot say that I am too impressed with Adobe in other areas, but
that is for another thread.
hint: I own all current licenses for Illustrator and Photoshop...but
for my macs. Now that my CNC has pushed me into running PC gear, do
you think those Adobe people would simply issue me a couple of
licenses so that I can run my paid-for software on the platform of my
choice?