Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default OT - iPad in the news today ...

On 1/30/2010 1:41 PM, Phisherman wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:04:29 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In , Swingman
wrote:

According to Dvorak, et al, in "Cranky Geeks" this week, Adobe is dying
to get flash onto the iPad, but the megalomaniac Jobs will have none of it.

Dvorak aside, Flash is an abomination. H.264 and/or HTML 5 will
hopefully push it into the pit it deserves to live in.

I dont think the pdf format is going away, it is the standard document
format. I have serious doubts the iPad will make it, Apple set the
price too high (again).

The price will fall. Today the iPhone can be had for $99, down from $599
when originally released.

You're right about pdf format. I love pdf for its 'portability' in my
business.

A couple of years ago all of our invoices were sent and received via FAX.

I'd say that 98%+ are now done via e-mail in pdf format.

And with a free app like BullZip:

http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

.... it is even easier to "pdf" documents, maps, plans, invoices,
proposals, etc.

Sure makes "doing business" easier, quicker, and a damn sight more
efficient.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08