Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Who pays?

In article ,
mogga writes:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:53:39 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Been having an intermittent problem with my boiler. Although self
installed, Viessmann have been very helpful and looked at it under
warranty. The engineer reckoned it was a software funny - as he'd seen it
before on other boilers but not all of this type. It shows a sensor as
being at fault, but a reset gets it going again. Usually happens first
thing when it changes over from heating the water to the house. This was
last Monday - and he apologised for not having the correct parts with him
but would call again when he had. Which was this morning - he phoned at
about 11.00.
Explained to him I usually had to go out between 11.30 and 12.30 due to
resident's only parking then - I have two cars but only one pass. But
thought I had a vistor's pass so it would be ok. If I hadn't I would sit
in my car with the bonnet up 'till he was finished. But did find that
single visitors pass I had left. Never even thought about him...

And of course he got a ticket. It never even occurred to me.
Would he have to pay for that himself? I'm feeling so guilty about it as
he was such a nice bloke.

I think they argued about it at Comet. And they eventually got told "
no safe parking no job"

I recall back around 2004 several of the delivery companies in London
saying they could only deliver to our offices in the City if we provided
them with a parking place or agreed to pay their parking fines. Otherwise
we had to collect from their depots. This resulted in quite an outcry
from many companies in the City, and I think there's now a scheme in
place which allows delivery drivers a tiny bit of leeway, sometimes.

--
Andrew Gabriel