FOW

Default A good basic Scroll Saw

I have a Dremel Scroll saw that works OK.
"John Canty" wrote in message
om...
I am looking at purchasing a Scroll Saw in the next couple of days. I
have reviewed a couple of books, (Nelson and Spielman, as well as the
most recent Workbench review of scroll saws.) I have noted the key
features such as blade changing, bevel tilt on both sides versus one,
not using pinned blades, etc. Here is where I am at: I am looking
for a good basic Scroll Saw for at most $250. I an not going to do a
great deal of Fret Woork. I need to make some Pinewood Derby Cars,
basic holiday cutouts, such as described in the December 2002 issue of
Wood Magazine, etc. I hope to let my son "break into" woodworking
with this tool.

My intentions are to purchase a good to very good 14 inch bansdsaw as
I develop my shop. With this in mind, is the Delta 350 16 inch
Variable that much better than the Craftsman 21610? Is there another
model for my needs that I have overlooked? I am aware of the bias
against "anything Craftsman" in my review of user group responses.
Are their products really that bad?

I can get a Delta 350 LS with a stand from Amazon/ToolCrib for $199.
I can get a 21610 from Sears for about $113. Which would be the best
given my needs?

Thank you in advance.

John Canty