Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default New employee test for "metalworking skills"

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Doug White" wrote

When I was a grad student at MIT, I was teaching a lab course. I had an
MIT undergraduate who could not operate a yard stick! He was a physics
major. There were quite a few students at MIT who were really bright,
but didn't have a lick of sense or real world experience.

Several years later we had an MIT EE _grad_ student in my lab working on
his thesis. He wanted to build something for home with an LED. When he
started asking questions about how to do this, it became apparent that he
was a bit fuzzy on things like how many volts an LED required, what comes
out of a wall socket, ac vs dc, etc. It was scary.

Doug White

I love people who are educated beyond their capacity.

Steve

And many try to get an education but instead get indoctrination, that's how
we get liberals. :-)

RogerN