Larry Jaques

Default Is Usnet Dying?

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:25:16 -0500, Silvan
brought forth from the murky depths:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Very hard to choose, but probably a tie between "Obscured
by Clouds" and "Dark Side of the Moon".

I like DSotM a good bit too, but it just doesn't do quite as much for me as
some of their other albums. Probably because I never have learned to love
"the Great Gag in the Sky" (That's a joke, Larry... Gag, as in horking,
ralphing, spewing... I hate that song. Which probably means you think
it's the best part of the whole album.

You mean the black vocalists in the background with the
full range of voice routine? Gags me, too.

Add "Julia Dream" and "That Fat Old Sun" to that list.

I don't recall either, FWIW.

I like "The Wall" but not as much as most people do, and anything after that
is crap.

Agreed. The Wall was fun, but...

Of course, I liked Zappa and King Crimson, too.

Titties and beer... What was that, "Baby Snakes?"

The technical excellence that was his band on Hot Rats.
(which one of my sister's friends left after a party and
never came back to get.

"I'm a little pimp with my hair gassed back."

One of the few "real" songs I can play on the guitar too. I seldom try to
play other people's music, so most people think I "can't play anything"
until I break that one out.

I just picked up a violin and will be swinging cats shortly.
I've always loved Jean Luc Ponty and about any electric fiddle
or violin music. Wish me luck. (Oh, 'twas $26 on *b*y.)

Actually, there were two or three good disco songs.

No comment. gag, kaff, choke

Well, come on, I grew up listening to the BeeGees. Mom was a big fan. Some
of it rubbed off.

And some folks learn to beat women from their fathers.
Neither, in my definite opinion, is good, right, or fair.

(Now, James Brown makes me want to say it loud that I'm black and I'm proud
and get up offa that thang and I feel good. James Brown rocks, ba ba ba ba
bum, yeah. It's not because I'm a white guy that I don't like rap.)

I'm not fond of screamers, no matter what race or gender, thanks.
But if you and he feels good, fine. Just don't make me listen to
any of it. (or Christmas music, R&B, disco, or rap)

(Oops, better add my violin practice to that. Got plugs & muffs?)

--
Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|- www.diversify.com
Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites