Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart Wheaton Stuart Wheaton is offline

Default Ammo prices for 7.62x39

Wes wrote:
Ignoramus2981 wrote:

My own comment on this is that I hope that more ammo will be imported
and prices will come down to earth, possibly with the fools dumping
that stuff that they stocked up on with such certainty. I still have
enough ammo stocked up from the good times, and will just wait.

My only concern is with a change of leadership down the road, our domestic ammo
manufacturers find a population with such a glut of ammo on hand that the manufacturers
can't sell enough ammo to stay in business.

There could be a bust cycle for our ammo firms.

Wes

That is part of the reason for the current shortage, the makers are not
increasing tooling and capacity so they don't end up with too much debt
and fixed costs at the end of the boom.