Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G. Denis G. is offline

Default New employee test for "metalworking skills"

On Jan 29, 2:21*pm, pyotr filipivich wrote:
Let the Record show that "Karl Townsend"
on or about Fri, 29 Jan 2010
02:24:15 -0500 did write/type or cause to appear in
rec.crafts.metalworking *the following:

I recently read a Warren Buffet quote: "Someone once said that in
looking for people to hire you look for three qualities: integrity,
intelligence, and energy. *And if they don't have the first, the other
two will kill you."

Man I couldn't agree more. Give me a person with integrity and a good work

* * * * Integrity will give you a "good work ethic".

* * * * Buffet's point is that a hard worker without integrity, is working
for themselves, not you.ethic and I can use them. It may take a bit more time to get those without
education or experience up to speed but you can't change integrity and work
ethic.

I'm fortunate to be able to hire for a menial level jobs and then select
from this pool for advancement. *I know of no way to spot integrity and work
ethic in a short interview.

Karl

-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!

Being ethical and having integrity are one in the same. Warren
Buffets wants people he can trust. I expect that he understands
people who seek profit for themselves and he looks for as much value
as he can get for what he is paying in wages. Sounds like a fair
horse trader to me.