Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default Torbeck valve - how does it work?

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
wrote:
On 26 Jan,
Andy Dingley wrote:

On 26 Jan, 14:37, Tim Watts wrote:

Very polarised opinions on Torbecks... Seems to be a love them or
hate them?

Most people love how they work, some report problems with limescale on
the tiny valve hole.

If you're in a soft water area, no problem.

That could be it, soft water, I've three of them, no problems, quiet,
fast filling etc.

It's pretty hard water in this part of London and the one in my toilet
lasted 20 years or so.

It's hard water here as well, and the old one had done well I think.

Might have been able to repair it with a kit if I
understood how they worked - but a complete one didn't break the bank and
was worth it for the silence...

Yup, replacing was the sensible option from my POV
--
Chris French